Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Jeffrey at 2 1/2

Jeffrey at 2 1/2 years old



*Has started sleeping with more "boy" toys in his crib. He still has his regular two kitties and Peng Peng, but now he also takes the big Monster Trucks, a bunch of little ones and his Mac semi.



*When you ask him a question, he immediately says, "No". Then 10 seconds later, he says, "Yesh". I love the way he says it.



* Started wearing his Handy Manny light up tennis shoes he got for Christmas last year - size 7.



*Wants to do everything Jackson is doing. Also has to have everything Jackson has. He recently started using regular silverware because he wanted the spoon like Jackson had. Goodbye baby spoons & forks!



*Only wants to ride in the white truck. I showed him a picture of him and Daddy in the truck and I said, "Here you are in Daddy's truck" and he said, "My truck." He doesn't want to go anywhere unless it's in the truck.



*Is sitting almost the whole way through movies at home. He is wanting to watch the same ones every day. Lately it's been Barnyard and Homeward Bound.



*Doesn't seem to eat much. He's finally eatting breakfast in the morning. His favorite breakfast consists of "Tubby Toast" and chocolate milk.



*He's playing more and more in his room with the Geo Tracks or Monster Trucks. He calls Jackson's room his room. When I correct him and show him his actual room, he just looks at me and says, "no". He's so stubborn.



*Whenever we are driving and I put the car in park, he says, "I get out now?"



* Is taking to scrapbooking with Jackson at times. He loves to color especially with markers. Today I showed him how to use scissors, and surprisingly, he can do it.



* Loves the lemon creme wafer cookies I found at Walmart. They are his favorite! (mine too)



* We've moved his naptime back an hour to 2 pm and he's sleeping much better. He's not fighting me as much as he was when it is time to go down and he has been sleeping a good 3 solid hours too. He has been getting up around 5 and then going to bed at night between 8 and 8:30. To my surprise, he's doing fine. No major fits or crying at bedtime. Tonight I heard him playing for a bit before he fell asleep. He still sleeps in the crib for this reason. He's contained and can entertain himself for awhile before falling asleep. If he wasn't in a crib, he wouldn't stay in bed. He's not ready for the big boy bed just yet.

*Having a really hard time listening to and following simple directions, such as "don't move". Very fustrating. For example, we were painting this morning and he had covered his hands, arms and part of his face in paint. We were suppose to be painting a wooden snake, not Jeffrey. So I told them to both sit still while I went to start the bath water. I didn't want them climbing down off the stools and getting paint everywhere. I wasn't even in the bathroom for 45 seconds when I turn around and there is Jeffrey standing behind me. Grrrr....

No comments: