Tuesday, October 13, 2009

On the Ball - for once...

I have been reading the blog Simple Mom. She has been talking about planning for Christmas. Since it is just a mere 11 weeks away, it's time to start thinking about and preparing for Christmas.
Last week was setting up your holiday budget. I have to admit, I didn't actually do this step but I did THINK about it. Does that count???? I do know for sure that I'm following this rule again for the boys when it comes to buying gifts:
"Something you want,
something you need,
something to wear,
and something to read!"
This week's task is to get your Christmas Card list organized. So I sat down this afternoon and did just that. I actually wrote the address labels for my cards. It didn't take that long, granted I have somewhere around 40 cards or less that I send out, but it's done. I kept a list of the people I sent them to last year so I used the same list again. I really would like to make my cards again this year so I hope by doing all this planning that I will actually be able to accomplish it.

I also have BIG hopes (as I do every year) of making quite a few gifts this year. Some have been started but I have a long way to go. So I'm hoping that I will be able to do that this year as well. I really need to be sitting down & writing out that list so I know where I stand on all the projects.
I've had a fairly productive day today as well. I've done 4 loads of laundry, packaged and took 3 packages to the PO, switched out some of the boys clothes, weeded out clothes out of my own closet & organized what clothes were left. Off to get some more done. Both of the boys are napping. It's nice to have some quite time around here...
;)

No comments: