Monday, February 1, 2010

This week

I think I did fairly well for following my goals for the month of January. I have watched everything I've been eating and drinking and it's really made a difference. I can't say I've really dropped very much weight yet but my body feels different. That's what really matters anyway - eating better, being healthy and feeling better. I am starting my exercise program today. I think it's the boost my body needs. But boy do I hate exercising!



Last week, Jackson missed 3 days of school because he caught something. Fever, running nose, ear infection and just plain run down. He went back to school today and is still dragging a little and now Jeff isn't feeling the best. I just have to say Jeff isn't a good patient either. He's very dramatic. A runny nose sets off his alarm and you would think someone was trying to cut his leg off.


We decided yesterday that Jeff was ready for his crib to be converted into a big boy bed. Basically the side of the crib has been removed and his crib now looks like a day bed. He was very excited about it. Jeremy & I both had our doubts that he was ready for this but we thought we'd give him a chance. Neither one of my kids ever tried to climb out of their cribs so that was never a concern that he was going to hurt himself by falling. We were just waiting till we thought he was mature enough to understand about staying in bed when it's time for a nap or at bedtime. So he wasn't feeling very good by naptime yesterday and asked to go to bed. He never does that. Bedtime is pure torture to Jeff, he's a free spirit (among other things) and being told to go to bed is like a death sentence. So we took him to bed and explained that he needed to go to sleep and not get up till he'd slept. He went right to sleep without an issue and slept until around 4 like he usually does. Bedtime was about the same except he was feeling much better. We explained to him again that he couldn't get up till morning. He picked out some books to look at and he was happy. We could hear him happily talking to himself for awhile (one of the joys of living in a small house) and then something hit the floor with a thud and he started crying. I ran in there to find him still in bed pointing at his book lying on the floor. He wanted his book back but wouldn't get out of bed to pick it up! I guess he was taking the rules of the new bed pretty seriously!!!! I had to laugh because Jeffrey has no regard for rules what so ever. He is a rebel at heart but we're hoping that yesterday wasn't just a fluke. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Pictures to follow...I'm too lazy to find my camera cord!


Photobucket

I've been wanting to post this picture on Facebook but fear what could happen to me. I figure if I post it here, he probably won't know about it. It's just too funny to keep to myself! In case you couldn't tell, the masked man is Jeremy...

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Reese and Jeffrey must be on the same schedule, she started climbing out of her crib last week. And you have the perfect title for a LO for that photo, "Who is that masked man?"